Consistent Attention to Client Needs
Jan is the founder and managing partner of Eveland Law. She has served as counsel to hundreds of local and national businesses, entrepreneurs, professionals, construction companies, and real estate developers, and has provided estate planning services to key business leaders.
Jan enjoys spending time with her family, and is active in community matters, regularly volunteering her time to serve on non-profit boards and in advisory capacities.
Business and Commercial Real Estate Transactions, Formations, Leases, Transitions, and Contracts
Corporate Counsel and Advisor
Local Co-Counsel for Attorneys
Business Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Commitment to Economic Development and Community
• Action Baybrook, Inc. (2018-present) (Board Chief Executive Officer, 2018-present). Formed in 2018, Action Baybrook is a Brooklyn, Curtis Bay, Brooklyn Park nonprofit active in real estate development and community economic development.
• SB7 Coalition, Inc. (2016-present). The SB7 Coalition is a unique and innovative public private partnership between Sagamore Development/Port Covington and the historically underserved communities adjacent to the Port Covington project.
• Greater Baybrook Alliance (2015-present) (Steering Committee 2016-Present). GBA is a cross-jurisdictional community development alliance between the Baltimore City neighborhoods of Brooklyn and Curtis Bay and the Anne Arundel County neighborhood of Brooklyn Park.
• Masonville Citizens Advisory Committee (2017-present). Masonville Cove was the first urban wildlife refuge in the United States. The Masonville Citizens Advisory Committee advises the Port of Baltimore on its Masonville Cove nature center and adjacent 130-acre dredge material site.
• Baltimore Good Neighbors Coalition (2016-present), Co-Chair Community Outreach (2016-2019). The Coalition creates community-responsive legislative solutions for problem liquor outlets.
• A broad range of associations and affiliations, including: Maryland Non-Profits, Friends of Garrett Park, and Concerned Citizens for a Better Brooklyn.
Our clients say
Property Manager, Development
Project Manager, Client